Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cultural Event 2

           On Thursday, there was an art exhibition that was held at DU’s arts building.  It was a great small exhibition that we enjoyed so much.  I enjoyed the different types of artistic works.  There were several kinds of arts used in the exhibition.  The exhibition was divided into a few sections.  Ceramics was the focus of one of the sections.  Other sections exhibited oil paintings, while some others used mixed media.
I liked a painting by Julia Rymer Brucker, BFA 2000.  This artist had a collection of three paintings that used mixed media. The artist used abstraction through tones of colors and line structures in order to explore life’s details and concepts of action, movement, and structure. The first one is called (neuro) genesis, 2010. It was obvious to me that the painting presented an X-Ray.  I really liked the way that the artist painted the details of the X-Ray with dark and light blue colors, which made the painting seem so real.  I also liked the red circles that were a great tool to make a better painting that made it full of thoughts and ideas .  
The second painting is called “Heart”, 2010.  The artist used mixed media as well.  When I first looked at the painting, I did not know what it was all about to be honest.  I spent 30 seconds or so without understanding the main idea of the painting as whole.  The idea that came to my mind is that it is the kind that only the artist who knew the thoughts and ideas included in the painting.   After reading the description, I realized that it represents an electron microscope painting.
 The third painting is called “Genesis”, 2010.  This painting, I was amazed by the colors that were used in the painting.  The artist used several colors like blue, green, and white.  The painting seemed like a micronized picture.  It is the painting that I really liked the most.
Another piece of art that I really liked is the “Pacific Ocean From Big Sur/Post Ranch), by Everett Singer, BA 1970.  It is a nice painting that used oil painting.  The artist said that the painting is an exploration of movement in color.  The artist used several colors from blue to green which made the painting look like an ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment